The IEB, as leader in financial education in Spain and the Ibero-American region, offers this Master in International Finance to those individuals aiming to become international financial leaders in their respective fields. More specifically, the objectives of the Master’s degree are:
- To give students a broad and professional knowledge of all areas of finance from top business schools.
- To offer through examples of how to apply the theoretical concepts to the day-to-day financial world, and through exercises, case studies, and real-time trading on an online portfolio simulation platform, a practical and up-to-date point of view for the topics covered in the course.
- To prepare students to the working environment through the use of Bloomberg as a primary teaching tool and numerous presentations throughout the degree.
- To encourage personal development and teamwork through in class team case studies and presentations.
- To offer a challenging and rewarding training programme for current and future international finance professionals
The Best Way of Learning
The methodology followed is highly practical, based on rigorous and up-to-date contents. Throughout the Master, students are offered examples of how to apply the theoretical concepts seen in class to the day- to-day financial world. In addition, for each study module, students have to carry out exercises, case studies and a group case presentation relating to the material covered.
Therefore, the theoretical classes will alternate with practical ones in which the students will also use the appropriate IT tools. IEB’s IT room and treasury desk, very similar to those found in any brokerage firm, allows students to put into practice their theoretical knowledge through the use of Bloomberg and real-time trading on IEB’s online portfolio simulation trading platform. Bloomberg is also proactively used by the teachers in class to show examples of the concepts taught.
Another factor that contributes to the practical nature of the Master is the fact that most of the professors are themselves highly respected financial professionals in their area of expertise.
Moreover, the Master aims to promote personal development and teamwork through group exercises, case studies and presentations.
Finally, the technical knowledge required from the students will also be tested throughout the Master via exams, exercises, case studies and research papers. All students are required to complete a compulsory Final Project, which they will be presenting in front of a jury panel, and in which they are expected to put into practice all the knowledge acquired throughout the programme.