Master in Finance and Responsible Banking
The program requirements are divided equally between face-to-face lectures (held on weekends in Zamalek, Cairo and covering the basic knowledge needed in finance and banking), and online study on the IEB’s Virtual Platform that contains seven modules on responsible banking and financial inclusion. In addition, the MFRB Programme offers the opportunity to attend one week of full-time study at the London School of Economics (LSE) in London with other banking and finance professionals participating in similar programmes from all over the world (subject to additional fees).
The Master in Finance and Responsible Banking (MFRB) Programme is a new joint, blended-learning, professional master programme in Egypt. The MFRB Programme rethinks the role of banks, and the financial industry in general, within a responsible management framework. It teaches participants how to improve their practices and optimize their work in complex banking and financial organisations, in a responsible and sustainable manner and with a more customer-centric perspective.
In association with
In partnership with
What is the MFRB Programme?
The MFRB Programme is offered jointly by the Faculty of Commerce and Business Administration, Helwan University (FCBA-HU) in Egypt and the Instituto de Estudios Bursátiles (IEB) in Madrid, Spain, in partnership with the World Savings Banks Institute (WSBI), headquartered in Brussels, Belgium and in association with the London School of Economics (LSE) Custom Programmes in London, U.K. The Logos of the four institutions will appear on the MFRB Program’s certificate. The MFRB Programme requirements could be completed within 14 months.
Who Is It For?
The MFRB Programme is targeting entry-level to middle-management level professionals in the banking and finance industry in Egypt as well as in all other countries. Fresh graduates from business colleges are also welcome to apply. The blended-learning style of the program makes it very flexible and suitable to busy professionals in Egypt and to all candidates living in other countries. The MFRB Programme is the perfect answer for:
Why MFRB Programme?
1. Globally recognized master’s degree, granted by two giant institutions in Egypt and Spain (HU and IEB) and accredited by four academic and professional institutions in Egypt and Europe (HU, IEB, LSE Custom Programmes, and the WSBI). The logos of the four institutions will appear on the Master’s diploma.
2. Submit to the admission department a duly filled in application along with the following:
3. Attend an online interview (via Skype) with the IEB admission committee and a face-to-face interview with Helwan University Programme admission department.
4. Attend three online tests assessing the candidate’s English language skills and other relevant knowledge.
Assistant Prof. Ahmed Oweis
Prof. Omar Salman
- In charge of Helwan University President
Prof. Hoda Abd El Hamid Ali Mohamed
- Helwan University Vice – President for Postgraduate Studies and Research
The Dean of the faculty of Commerce and Business Administration, and the President of the MFRB programme Administrative committee.
The Director of the MFRB programme, and the Professor of Economics at the Economics Department at the Faculty of Commerce and Business Administration
Prof. Maged Mohamad Fahmy Nagem
The Academic Supervisor of the MFRB programme, and Assistant Professor of Financial Economics at the Economics Department at the Faculty of Commerce and Business Administration
© Instituto de Estudios Bursátiles C/Alfonso XI, 6, 28014 Madrid - T +34 915240615